Saturday, October 11, 2008

Acappella Time With...THE CONTENDERS


 This Ardmore,PA group consisted of Jack Strong,Lou Tavani,Frank Di Santis and Frank Torpey,they recorded several records under many different group names see list...

THE CONTENDERS.
-Mr Dee Jay/Yes i do.Blue SkyRecords-1959.
-The Clock/Peace of mind.Long Fiber Records-1963
-Whenever i get lonely/That's the way.Saxony Records-1963.
-The Dune Buggy/Go Ahead.Chattahoochie Records-1964.
-Johnny b.Goode/Rise and shine.Chattahoochie Records-1964.
-The Clock/Look at me.Java Records-1966.
-Lonely lover/I like it like that.Java Records-1966
-Hetta Hetta/I Know somewhere.JavaRecords-1966
-Gunga Din/wake up in the morning .Whitney Sound Records-?.


THE FIVE SCRIPTS.
-Peace of mind/The Clock.Long Fiber Records-1963.
-My friends call me/You left my heart.Script Records-1965.


THE LYTATIONS.
-Over the rainbow/Look into the sky.Time Square Records-1964.


THE KAPTIONS.
-Dreaming of you/I Know somewhere.Ham-Mil Records-1964.


For more information visit in this blog to THE LYTATIONS.

Listen Gunga Din from a Practice session of 1965.



2 comments:

I love Doo-Wop Richie said...

I loved them doing,"walking my baby back home"I don't see it listed!Richie,Spring Hill,Fl.

doowop shop said...

Frank Torpey Also Went On To Sing
With many other philly groups like
" Neighbours Complaint",Accapelia
Gold,Memory Lane,The Reverbs,
Frankie & The Fashions,to name a fiew.Frank now has his own group
"Doo Wop Depot"doing Venues in the
Tri.State Area. You might Try To
google Frank's Name To see line up of current Venues.