Thursday, May 8, 2008

THE SAVOYS aka THE SAVOY'S aka CINDY ADAMS & THE KIGSMEN


Mixed group from San Jose, CA formed by  Albert Richie (lead Vocals, Piano), Beverly Soares (Vocals, Percussion), Chris Ray (Lead Guitar, Vocals) and Bruce Hird (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals).

In 1959 signed with John Pusateri of Bella records where the group recorded...

-The Mortal Monster Man / Watching The Sea.

- I Love My Baby / You And I. As The Savoy's.

Also this same year they back up in Bella to..



PAT LA ROCCA.

-Rowena / Don't Do Me Wrong .

MARGUERITE TRINA.

-The Rocking Tree / The Brat.

In 1960 moved to Los Gatos to record with Christy records the songs "You're The Beating Of My Heart / You Heartless One ".


This same year de 1960 the songs of The Savoys were presented on Shelby records under the name of  Cindy Adams  & The Kingsmen, "You And I" have removed his intro and "I Love My Baby" was renamed "Baby Pie".

LISTEN...

No comments: