Sunday, June 21, 2020

SMOKEY ARMEN & The Shooners


Smokey Armen is present in all the doo wop guides as...

SMOKEY ARMEN & The Shooners.

-"Say You Love Me / Baby What Am I Gonna Do". Peek-A-Boo records-1958.



Side A is a doo wop ballad with a group instead the other side is a rockbilly song without a group.
 
LISTEN...

 
In this record label there is another recording of the same year by Mickey Armen. I wonder if it is the same singer with another name or perhaps a brother of his, I do not know.

MICKEY ARMEN.

-"Cheating On Me / Tell My Why. Peek-A-Boo records-1958.

 LISTEN...

 

1 comment:

DooWop1954 said...

I really like the tone of this Smokey Armen’s voice on “SYLM”, at times it sounds like the typical vocal harmony but yet it’s different. Will you be uploading the B side of that record? As far as the other song Mickey Armen “Tell me Why” to my ears doesn’t sound like the same singer, maybe as you said a brother? Or maybe Smokey did not like that song & record company changed the name to Mickey & gave to another singer very interesting. Thanks for these songs.