Thursday, April 9, 2009

GERRY & THE GEMS_I Remember



Gerry & The Gems from Queens, NY. consisted of Steve Feldman aka Gerry Stevens (Lead), Phil Aron (Baritone/Bass), Barry Fettner (2º Tenor) and Steve Dworkin (1st tenor) all were neighbors from Little Neck, NY. which is northeastern Queens and were in the same grade in school.

In 1963 went into a studio in Brooklyn, NY. to recorded the Feldman's original tunes_I Remember / Come Along. and an uptempo version of the classic song_In The Still Of The Night. They presented the songs to M-G-M records without luck.



In the 70's the demos were released...

-I Remember / Oh Nancy (by The Ambassadors). Bay Records.

-Come Along / Just One Of Those things (by Tyrone & The Newports) Wax Trax Records.

To Listen or Download_I Remember please visit;

http://www.box.net/shared/65ooebjfyn

LISTEN...





Disgusted Barry left and were replaced by neighbor female singer, Betsy Flehner. the group perfoming in different shows with her but never recorded .(see pictures below).


Above picture L to R: Steve Dworkin, Phil Aron, Steve Feldman, Betsy Flehner.



Feldman, Aron and Dworkin recorded more demos in 1964 as...Dear Lady Twist / Can't Tell Her / Everytime / Why Must You Treat A Girl So Bad / Juat A Little Girl / many written by Feldman but never released by the british invasion.

More information and pictures at; https://www.facebook.com/Feldie

LISTEN...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe Steve went into the studio and over-dubbed I Remember with a chorus and new lyrics entitled "I Remember (Christmas)".

Anonymous said...

so the way I see it I remember was first released as reprint in 70s? and Ambassadors` Oh Nancy was b/w Ambassadors blues?