Monday, March 9, 2009

THE FOUR PLAYBOYS aka THE DEANS aka THE FOUR DEANS

This group originally was called The Four Playboys(see in this blog) consisted of Ralph Maffei,Tom Cori,Fred Khovry and Joe Macaluso,when Ralph left the group the 3-man group changed the name to The Deans(The trio admired Dean Martin so they called themselves the "Dinos" eventually setting on the neutral-sounding "Deans" instead) and recorded for labels as Mohawk,Laurie and Tin Pan Alley Records.


RECORDINGS...

-My Heart Is Low/I'll Love You Forever.Mohawk Records-1960
-Humpty Dumpty Le Chaim (Good Luck) .Mohawk Records-1960.
-Little White Gardenia/Don't Want To Wait.Laurie Records-1961
-It's You /I Don't Want To Wait.Mohawk Records-1961.
-I'm Gonna Love You/Don't Let Her Cry Tonight/Pettry Nola..Tin Pan Alley Records-?.



LISTEN...



In 1992 Park Avenue Records issued a 45 RPM with 2 unreleased songs_So Very much/Mr. echo. of this group but under the name of The Four Deans why these recordings are when they be a quartet The Four Playboys (see in this blog).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My talented uncle:) I remember those days so fondly.
This one was always my favorite!