Saturday, June 29, 2019

JOHNNY & THE JOKERS..Harvard & Beltone records


Sorry! picture taken fom an old newspaper in very bad condition.

In 1959 Johnny & The Jokers. formed by Johnny "Power" Del Pizzol (Lead), Ralph, Jimmy and Pat (Baritone) recorded...



-Do Re Mi Rock / Why Must It Be. Harvard records.

LISTEN...



Followed by...

Bobby Bare & Johnny & The Jokers.

- I’m Hangin' Up My Rifle / That's Where I Want To Be. Fraternity records.

Trade Martin and Johnny "Power" Del Pizzol formed Rome Records in 1960 and in 1961 the Jokers  recorded some songs in this label as "Learning About Love / Comic Book Romance / The Seven Teens and others. but the label never released these sides.


In 1962 two of these unreleased songs sold to king records who release these sides on his subsidiary label Beltone records "Where Did You My Baby Go /  I Know.

In 1962 Trade Martin began his solo career.

LISTEN...



No comments: