Saturday, December 27, 2008

THE CAPRI SISTERS_I'm Gonna Wish For You


In 1952 the Yonkers N.Y. the DiCaprio sisters Terry, Phyllis and Annette won the Arthur Godfrey's "Talent Scout Show" and there began their musical career performing on Arthur's late night radio show "Arthur Godfrey and his Friends." The girls began their performances as little girls because Terry was 8 years old and Phyllis and Annette who were twins only five.


They performed on a tour with the McGuire sisters as well as other musicians such as the Dorseys, Jackie Gleason or Louis Prima and were regulars at shows such as Ted Mack, and then the Godfrey show, the Lind Hayes show and other top notch TV programs.


The Girls cut many singles for a large number of labe as; Jubilee, Cadence, Dot, Hanove, ABC Paramount, Warwick or Newtown. In 1964, The Exciters covered the Capris' with their own version of "I Want You To Be My Boy."



Discogrphy...
-After School Rock/The Occarina Roll. Jubilee Records-1956. 
-Call Me Mutton Chops/Tippy-Toe. Cadence Records-1957. 
-Hawiian Sway/Run-A-Round. Dot Records-1958. 
-In Between/It's All Over. Hanover Records-1959 
-I 'm Gonna Wish For You/There, But For Her, Go I. ABC Records-1960. 
-It's No Sin/So Hurt. ABC.unreleased-1960. 
-Poco Loco/The Blues Came Tumbling Down. Warwick Records-1961. 
-Fairy Tales/I Want You To Be My Boy. Newtown Records-1962. 
-Is It True/Hush-A-Bye. Newtown Records-1962. 



Listen The Capri Sisters_I'm Gonna Wish For You from Paramount Records in 1960.

 

No comments: