Friday, June 26, 2020

THE JAGUAR'S...Janet records

From the Complete Book of Doo wop...

-The Jaguars "I Could If I Would / Big Noise. Janet records-1959.


This group really is made up of country singers and brothers Bud and Willie G. Brewster (they recorded like the Brewster brothers).


In 1959, with the popularity of Rock & Roll sound, they decided to record an 45 rpm in this style on the record label Janet records in Manchester, KY, where they recorded the sides "I Could If I Would / Big Noise". side A has Bud as lead voice and on the other side they added a friend as lead voice Harold Harper. These songs were released under the name of The Jaguar's.

Of course they don't have a doo wop sound instead the side "I Could If I Would"  is a good Rock & Roll song.

LISTEN...

No comments: