Saturday, May 23, 2009

THE VAN DYKES_Rock A Bye Girl


Group/Band from New Heaven,Connecticut formed in 1964 by left to right Frank Ruggiero,Joe Tiberia,Art DeNicholas and Tom Juliano.

In 1958 Artie and Tommy were part of The Catalina's on little Records(see in this blog)
.
The Van Dykes were greately influenced by The Four Seasons and recorded...

-Again Again/Rich Girl. Green Sea Records-1965.

-I'll Get By/Rocka-Bye Girl. Green Sea Records-1965.(re-released on Cop-Op Recordsin 1967).

-Miracle After Miracle/How Can I Forget. Gran Sea Records-1966.(re-released on Co-Op Records in 1967).

To Listen or Download please visit;http://www.box.net/shared/24pe77ozfd


Joe left the group and the rest singing as a trio. in the pictures; Frankie,Tommy and Art.


 The group with two new members singing and play as a band....


In 1967 the lead singer Frank Ruggiero died in a drowning accident on Juanary 19th.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

I know Kenny Nolan. I was hoping to see a picture of him here....is there any pictures of him around? Wasn't the group later called Kenny and the Van Dykes?

Unknown said...

never called that, frank was my uncle (my mothers brother) reading this told us the day he died, we just knew the year, its not even on his stone.

Art DeNicholas said...

Dear Louise:I'm Art DeNicholas.Tom Juliano and I formed th group.The Catalinas/The Van Dykes,from the town of New Haven.Ct.To answer your question on Ken,I have a Picture of Ken with the Van Dykes,I will post it shortly.Never called Kenny and The Van Dykes.Frank,Tom,I did all the recording,However we overdubed Kens voice,on Bring Back My Life,and Only If I Had your Love.this was after Frank passed away.Van Dykes Dykes,where only three guys,we were also known as the Van Dyke Five,More Ifo to comecome. Art Denicholas,VD LTD.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN FRANK FOR HIS ROSEMARIE

Unknown said...

i know kenny also i see him almost everyday.also know another member of the group from those days..they're fine.kenny still plays gutair and sings.he talks of the van dykes/van dyke five often...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for the info

Unknown said...

These guy's were fantastic. I still listen to them and love they're music.