Monday, March 8, 2010

THE PROPHETS_Baby Come Back



THE PROPHETS.

Early white group based in Metropolis,IL.They appeared on Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts TV show in the '50s.
Members were: Bob Shaw-tenor, Bobby Jones-lead, Frank Braden-baritone/pianist and Ernie Johnston-bass.



In 1955 recorded...

-Sugar Lump/Come Back Baby,Come back. Go-Lish Records.

Re-released in 1956 with a different side...

-Baby Come Back/Stormy. Atco Records.



To Listen or Download please visit;http://www.box.net/shared/e7xnkicc57

Or go to Youtube...





3 comments:

chassy said...

My grandpa sung in this group. These songs are timeless, I love them.

carm said...

Frank Braden was my teacher in the 5th grade. He was a good teacher as well as fun and a good singer and pianst. I bought this record when it came out, but lost it after all these years. I am so glad to get to hear again. Thanks. So much.

Lisa Jones said...

They are from Mt. Vernon, Illinois.