Monday, April 29, 2019

THE EMJAYS...Greenwich & Paris records

White group from Massapequa, L.I formed by  three guys and a girl...

Jimmy Evans (James Martin Stulberger).

Judy Lloyd (Judith Lloyd).

Mike Fox (Michael Fox).

Mike Love (Michael Mislove).




They recorded as...

The Emjays Featuring Jimmy And Judy.

-This Is My Love / Waitin´ (The Pitty Pitty Pat Song). Greenwich records-1958.

A side are a  hit in the New England area.

The Emjays.

-Cross My Heart (Hope To Die) / All My Love, All My Life. Greenwich records-1959.

-Over The Rainbow / Cookie Jar. Paris records-1959.

After of this recording the group broke and Jimmy began his solo career as Jimmy Curtiss.

LISTEN...




Clickt to enlargue to see the picture and bio of the group from a 1958 newspaper article.



Additional Note...


Judy Lloyd (Above) was the daughter of Esther Ralston, an American film actress who was popular in the silent era.

No comments: