Thursday, June 30, 2011

BETTY JAYNE with THE TEENETTES & THE ANITA KERR SINGERS

Betty Jayne is present in The Complete Book Of Doo Wop backed by The Teenettes and The Anita Kerr Singers...

-The Sun Will Rise/Show Your Love. Carellen Records-1961 (with Picture Sleeve).
-I'm No Longer Jimmy's Girl/Tag Along. Carellen Records-1961.
- Lonly Teeneger/Time Will Tell. Mona Lee Records-1961 (the Anita's group backing Betty on the single).
-Shoppin' Round For Love/I Would Never Dare. Net Records-1961.

Also in 1961 she recorded at RCA, Studio B in Nashville. two unreleased sides_No One To Love/Putting On A Show. The Anita Kerr Singers were the backup group, Henry Strilecki was playing bass and Pig Robbins was playing piano.


LISTEN...





3 comments:

krobigraubart said...

Betty Jayne, backed by an uncredited group, recorded "No One To Love" / "What's She Got (That I Ain't Got)" too. The tunes wee released on Carellen NSG 8 in 1962.

BJ said...

Hi. I AM Betty Jayne (now known as BJ) - in reference to comment by krobigraubart - No One To Love was NOT released. It was one of four songs recorded the same day in Nashville at RCA/Studio B. The other 3 songs recorded that day were Lonely Teenager, Time Will Tell and Putting On A Show. Henry Strilecki played bass, Pig Robbins played Piano and The Anita Kerr Singers backed me up on all four of those songs. At the moment I can't remember the other song you mentioned "What's She Got", etc. It probably "was" on Carellen Records backed by the Teenettes and I'd probably remember it if I heard it again. I sang a LOT of songs back in the late 50's, early 60's. (smile)

Richard said...

BJ..It's a shame that this song (No One to Love) was ever released (how did it get on here?). I think it ranks up there with Kathy Young and others. Very melodic and professional sounding. Did you ever make an album or any released singles? I can't find any on the net.

Richard in Nevada