Monday, September 7, 2009

THE GALENS_Young Dreams


Band / Group formed by Bob Hubener (Bassist), Charlene Knight (Lead Vocal) George Ross (Percussionist) and Norman Galen Harris (Piano).The quartet were managed by the Paris Sisters mother, Faye Paris.


They recorded...

-Baby I Do Love You / Love Bells. Challenge Records-1963
-Chinese Lanterns / Stranger In Paradise.Challenge Records-1964.
-Young Dreams / I Love You More Than You Know. Challenge Records-1965.

 In 1963 have a small hit with_Baby I Do Love You.( It was Dave Burgess playing "the saw" on this side). this song was based on a german folk song called _Du Du Liegst Mir Im Herzen. before recorded in english in 1949 by Russ Morgan as_You,You, You Are The One.


They recorded a LP...


1964 / 65 - The Galens (LJ 104)  : Baby I Do Love You / Young Dreams / I Love You More Tham You Know / I've Never Had A Broken Heart Before / Jolie Jacqueline / Stranger In Paradise / Chinese Lanterns / Come On Let's Kiss / Lawrence Of Arabia.


Charlene Knight recorded as a solo artist on Pamela Records in 1961 with the sides_If You Pass Me By / If My Dreams Come True. and in 1962 as Bob O'Donnell & The Tru-Tones_Shy Boy / The Magic Trumpet.

Information and pictures at;http://concertsbycandlelight.com/aboutus.cfm

To Listen or Download_Young Dreams.please visit,http://www.box.net/shared/cmbhsve80t

Or go to Youtube...


No comments: