Saturday, October 30, 2010

From Liverpool....THE VERNONS GIRLS


The Vernon Girls were one of the best UK girl groups clone of the american girls groups of the early 60's.


From Liverpool the trio consisted of Maureen Kennedy,Frances Lee and Jean Owen.in 1962 have a UK hit with the Clyde McPhatter's tune_Lover Please.

LISTEN...



More information at;http://www.history-of-rock.com/vernon_girls.htm

From 1962 to 1964 the trio recorded great girl group songs with nice harmonies as...

-See For YourSelf-(1962).





-Only You Can Do It-(1963).




-I'm Gonna Let My Hair Down-(1963).



4 comments:

Sarde Site said...

Thank you !
For "I'm Gonna Let My Hair Down", I never heard before, great tune !

Phil

Unknown said...

one of this girls is the mother of kim wilde!

Unknown said...

She ..jean OWEN is my cousin I'm 68 now but they opened for the Beatles 1963 wintergardens in BOURNEMOUTH in less than 12 months they closed off Westover road BOURNEMOUTH....after the Shea stadium American tour in 64

Unknown said...

Maureen Kennedy was my second cousin