Thursday, June 16, 2022

THE KA-RILLIONS...A mysterious recording

This 45 rpm on the well-known white group label, Laurie records has always been a mystery (I don't know if anyone has already solved it) that even Ed Engel on the Ace CD "Laurie Vocal Groups - The Sixties Sound" asked for help to see if anyone knew anything about this recording.

I have seen that it was said that this group was actually the Jarmels, that these songs were not published when the group recorded for Laurie between 1961 and 1963 and that they were later used in 1964 under another group name.

I have also seen that this 45 rpm was never actually released for the most part because the British invasion frustrated its release and that there are only a few copies with the "Advance Release" label.

If anyone has information about this 45 rpm, cite it in the comments or write me an Email.

LISTEN...


1 comment:

Bobby Diskin said...

I have no info on the Ka-Rillions but I believe this wasn't their name when recording for Laurie Records. Gene Schwartz, president of Laurie Records, was still partners with Irving Spice, in July 1957, when Lonnie/Carollons were signed to Mohawk Records. I believe the name the Ka-Rillions is a play on the name the Carollons (Lonnie/Carollons have nothing to do with the Ka-Rillions release). The hyphen in the Ka-Rillions' name is to throw the accent off from pronouncing it similar to Carollons. I believe this explains the name but who the group really is ...... it's still a mystery. Bobby Diskin - Brooklyn, NY.