Sunday, June 24, 2007

THE THREE TWINS (Banana Records)


Early white group from Bloomington, in Illinois consisted of Al Douglas (Tenor & Bass/Piano/vibes), Art Iwan (Baritone & Violin/Bass) and Bill Bigger (Tenor/Baritone & Guitar/Bass).


Top : Al Douglas - Bottom : Art Iwan & Bill Bigger


Present in the Jeff Kreiter's Vocal Group Record guide with...

-All My Dreams / His. Banana Records-1958.

LISTEN...



In 1955, They have recorded their arrangements with Kahill records and released _Oh Baby Doll / I Want A Shoulder To To Cry On (no present in the doo wop guides).. The  record was very popular in the region and The trio make their home in Chicago when they aren't playing the states "live". They appeared on television and radio. In 1957, The Group won an Arthur Godfrey Talent Show.


Above L to R;  Al Douglas, Bill Bigger and Art Iwan.



A few months later, armed with their success kahill released a new single on this label_You'll Do It Someday / The Willow Weeps (no in the doo wop guides).For nearly four years the trio toured throughout the country and cut another singles in 1958_All My Dreams / His. on the Banana Label.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww I have been looking everywhere for some articles on the Three Twins! Bill Bigger is my grandfather.

Unknown said...

I was just going through some of my late father's old singles and came across the All My Dreams single signed by all 3 members. Kind of neat

Unknown said...

I was just going through some of my late father's old singles and came across the All My Dreams single signed by all 3 members. Kind of neat

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I was just going through some of my late father's old singles and came across the All My Dreams single signed by all 3 members. Kind of neat