Thursday, March 26, 2009

THE SWEET SICK TEENS aka THE DELLWOODS aka THE DYNAMICS


The group members of THE DELLWOODS from New York were Saul Zeskand(Bass),Mike Ellis(1st tenor),Andy Ventura(2nd Tenor),Victor Buccellato(Lead) and Amadeo Tese(Baritone).

In 1961 recorded as THE SWEET SICK TEENS.

-The Pretzel/Agnes(The Teenage Russian Spy). RCA Records.

LISTEN...



In 1962 they are enclosed as THE DELLWOODS in the Mad Magazine Album, a Big Top records Lp with funny songs...



Mad "Twist" Rock'n Roll LP.

- (She Got A)Nose Job/Please Betty Jane Shave Your Legs)/Agnes(The Teenage Russian Spy)/Let's Do The Pretzel(And End Up Like One)/ (Even If I Live To Be 22)I'll Always Remember Being You.

Before the album was released Mike Ellis overdosed on drugs.


In 1963 were enclosed again as THE DELLWOODS by Big Top Records in another Mad Lp...



Fink Along With Mad.

-I'll Never Make Fun Of Her Moustache Again/Don't Put Onions On Your Hamburger/When The Braces On Our Teeth Lock/The Neighborhood Draft Board.


In 1963 Big Top made an single of the group with two cuts from the above Lp_Don't Put Onions On Your Hamburger/Her Mustache.

LISTEN...



Finally in 1963 they changed the name to THE DYNAMICS and recorded_Chapel On A Hill/Conquistador. for Liberty Records.

LISTEN...



5 comments:

DrIguana said...

Are any ofthe Dellwoods still around?

Unknown said...

My mother is the birth daughter of Mike Ellis, 1st tenor. She didn't know that anyone still knew about his group. If anyone knows of any stations that may still play any of their songs, please respond! thank you

lazergold said...

I play "Chapel On A Hill" on my Cruisin' program on KSKQ. Always loved that song!

Lenny Tone

Unknown said...

I was so surprised when I stumbled upon this site. My father is Saul Zeskand, he passed away 2 April's ago but my Uncle / Godfather, Vic Buccellato is still alive and well, living in FL

chessman said...

mad twists is far superior to the other two lps-they are awful in comparison except for she lets me watch her mom and pop fight